This is where I come... to breathe... to find calm amidst the storm that I call living... to process the challenges thrown my way...

Follow along. Maybe you'll find a fresh breeze, or a calm spring day, or a challenge for yourself.



November 10, 2013

9 out of 10

In my last post I shared an insight into our long to-do list for the weekend... I have to admit I wasn't sure we'd actually get everything accomplished! It wasn't skepticism. It was simply feeling overwhelmed by all the details that go into each an every task!

But we have proved me wrong! It probably helps that Mr. Golden had a half day of jobs on Friday and headed over to Donald House to begin checking things off! I had a breakfast planned Saturday morning with my sister so by the time I got to the Donald house, Mr. Golden had already completed the biggest parts of our projects for the weekend. 

But I really can't take credit for anything that was accomplished. Sure, I painted the master bedroom. But it was such a bad job that Mr.  Golden will have to redo one of the walls with a second coat. He's also very particular about cutting in, so I always let him handle that, especially along te ceiling. It is so visible and with my neck problems I am not able to look up for longer than a few seconds at a time. 

All our work on Saturday proved to be a bit too much for my body and I had a migraine Sunday morning. Mr. Golden was wonderful and took care of me and after resting for a few more hours after it passed, we finally headed out in the afternoon to tackle our long list of purchases! 

IKEA was first and Corey enjoyed some Swedish meatballs for lunch (I opted for another item on the menu because meatballs are not gluten free). After fueling up our bodies we walked through the store (tried to take a shortcut and ended up making a loop in the wrong direction!) and finally got to the bathroom section. The vanity we had picked out last weekend was still there, set up exactly like last weekend. We took a few minutes to look at faucets and decided we'd try to get a different faucet at Lowes or Home Depot (Ikea faucets are just too techy for my taste). 

We drove to the Donald House and unloaded the vanity, sink and Christmas bulbs we'd purchased before heading to Lowes for the hundredth time in one month. 

Two hours. That's how long we were at Lowes. I actually think it may have been closer to three. Dry wall, 2 x 4, shower walls, floor tile, decorative tile, 2 gallons of paint (on sale!), the faucet for the sink, grout, electric floor heating mat, and so many other little things I'm losing track!

By the time it was all over, we both had headaches! But it just might be our last trip to Lowes..........



No comments:

Post a Comment